How Can We Identify Kidney Failure?

Kidney failure is a condition of kidneys that are no longer supportive enough to filter gallons of blood. It can be a sudden loss or a chronic one. It is the fourth leading cause of death in the United States of America. Many of such patients do not know if they are suffering from the renal problem. They wander around seeking for the treatment that can go wrong at times. In this blog, we will tell you how you can identify the problem of kidney failure?



Following are the symptoms that can help you in identifying kidney failure:

‘I am always tired and exhausted even though I don’t do any physical activity much’

This can be the symptom of permanent renal dysfunction. If this is continuing then you may need to get this checked as soon as possible. It is medically known as ‘Fatigue’. It happens because, during kidney problems, the pair of beans stops making an energizing hormone known as erythropoietin in the body that reduces the supply of oxygen to kidneys and other organs.

‘Sometimes, my body makes me feel like it is too cold, just like I’m straight out of a refrigerator or something'

It can happen because of Anemia. It is a common complication during women kidney disease that supports permanent renal failure.

'I am not able to sleep at night because of breathing problems. Whenever I lie down on the bed, it becomes impossible for me to breathe and eventually, I have to sit and sleep holding that position.'

This is one of the major symptoms of kidney failure. Though, it can be related to kidney problems in two ways, either fluid retention reaching lungs or Anemia. In both cases, respiratory problems are a common complication associated with kidney failure.

'At work, I often feel the dizziness and kind of blackout. It is not normal, I know but I don’t know the reason behind it?'

Another complication associated with the problem of both Anemia and renal impairment. A person suffering from renal failure will face such complications that shouldn’t be ignored once noticed.

‘I am irritated by scratching every time. My skin has become itchy and at times I can see the bruises because of it’

Kidney diseases promote dehydration. It can be one of the reasons why such patients feel they have unusual changes in the pattern of their skin and itchy skin. Such patients may experience contused skin or similar skin problems.

‘This is really unusual, I thought my legs are swollen because of high uric acids but I am afraid that is not all’

Swelling on the face and lower body are one of the major symptoms that occur at the initial stages of kidney failure and lasts till the last stage when left treated. It is known as the medical condition ‘Edema’, it can happen because of fluid retention in the body and wastes build up in the blood.

‘I don’t understand this sudden change in the urine pattern. I urinate more often than I do throughout the day’

The urination problems are the prominent change of the kidney’s functioning. Know that when you are urinating more than often, your kidneys’ health is at risk. These urination changes also include changes like:
  • Foamy or frothy urine
  • Red, pink, brown or purple urine
  • Urgent need or urination
  • Burning sensation while urinating

All of these factors can identify kidney failure. As soon as you realize either of these major symptoms, you should not waste a minute and reach out to your healthcare provider. He/she will suggest you a few tests that can help you with the diagnosis and confirmation of kidney failure (If there is).

Post a Comment

0 Comments