Components of Ayurvedic Diet for Kidney Disease

It's no secret that your fist-sized kidneys share mighty importance in keeping you healthy, alive, and functioning. Your kidneys filter around 200 litres of blood every day that is essential to maintain a delicate balance of sodium, fluids, and electrolytes in your body.


Apart from purifying your blood from waste products and chemical toxins, your kidneys are also in charge of performing other important roles that are equally essential for your survival -

  • Your kidneys balance the levels of fluids.
  • Your kidneys keep the level of substances, such as potassium, phosphorus, and sodium in a proportionate amount.
  • Your kidneys remove acidic wastes that are produced by cells during various bodily processes.
  • Your kidneys produce certain hormones that regulate your blood pressure.
  • Your kidneys balance the production of red blood cells.

Hence you should be supported with adequate fluid intake, vegetables, and fruits. By consuming a balanced diet, you can go kind on your kidneys that will, in return will add some more years to your life.

Eating healthy is important because everything we eat passes through our kidneys and determines our mental and physical well-being. This means you can either weaken your kidneys by eating junk that gradually rusts your kidneys' functions and end up with kidney failure. Or you can nourish your kidneys by eating a well-rounded diet and exercise.

This is why Ayurveda has placed a special emphasis on eating healthy. According to Ayurveda, diet is the important component of Ayurvedic treatment, where each and every food has either dosha pacifying or stabilizing action in the human body.

Ayurvedic Kidney Disease Treatment

But for many, Ayurveda is still a topic of mystery. If you're one on that list, then don't worry because this article contains various pieces of information about how the Ayurvedic diet can save you from the clutches of some severe kidney complications.

What is Ayurveda?

Ayurveda is an ancient art of natural healing that has been passed down for centuries in India. Ayurveda originated from the ancient scriptures of Vedas that have briefly shared the secret of maintaining holistic health with the help of nature. Ayurveda was first proposed by great Indian rishis and sages who revealed the knowledge of natural healing among people, and today Ayurveda has spread its wings across the world.

How Ayurveda cures kidney complications?

Ayurvedic treatment works on three primary aspects of life to cure kidney diseases- Ahar (diet), Vihara (lifestyle), and Aushadha ( medicines). Here Ahar plays a pivotal role in Ayurvedic treatment; Ayurveda uses the 80/20 rule, where 80% of the treatment includes diet, remaining 20% include other aspects of Ayurvedic treatment, such as natural herbs, yoga, and meditation.

Here we've listed five magical herbal remedies that flush and cleanse the kidney tract-


Parsley is used as one of the best cleansing herbs that help kidneys to flush out germs and bacteria from the body, which make you vulnerable to having urinary complications. Just squeeze some lemons into a glass of parsley juice, and your go-to remedy to cleanse the kidney tract is ready.


Celery is a diuretic in nature that aids in flushing out toxins and increases the urine output of your body. Consuming celery also stimulates kidneys functions and also lessens the threat of kidney infections and stones.

Chronic kidney Disease in The Developing World


Ginger is widely used in various Indian cuisines. But, ginger is also used as a medicinal herb in improving digestion and also cleanse kidney functions if taken regularly.


Turmeric places its mighty importance in various Indian foods, such as lentils and veg curries. But turmeric is also an important medicinal herb for healing various injuries and diseases. Turmeric has strong cleansing properties that cleanse kidneys and blood.


Cloves are high in antioxidants that reduce stress, which can be one of the major reasons for triggering chronic disease. Cloves are composed of eugenol that acts as a natural antioxidant and strengthens your immune system. Some research also shows that the compounds found in Cloves might help your body to fight against cancer by eliminating oesophagal cancer cells up to 80 per cent.

Post a Comment